Category: Success (page 1 of 4)
Click the play button above to watch and listen as I discuss some key takeaways from a recent live event conducted by myself and The Internet Marketing Power Couple, Omar & Melinda Martin, in Orlando, FL, called CommExpo (Commission Expo).
You’ll see some fun pics and cameos from Internet Rockstars like Igor Kheifets, Joel Therien, Mike Potvin, John Cornetta, Paul Counts, Todd Gross, Simon Harries, John Thornhill, Dave Nicholson, and the CEO of JVZoo, Laura Casselman.
If you ever get a chance to attend an upcoming live event, DO IT! They have changed my life, as they have for many others as well.
In the meantime, be sure to Register NOW Here for the upcoming training being hosted by Omar & Melinda that will share with you their time tested strategies and systems that have produced incredible results for themselves and many of their clients.
Make Today Great!
May 23, 2018, 5:48 AM EST (pre-sunrise)
South Beach, Boca Raton, Florida
Join me from the beach this beautiful morning and learn how this philosophy can free you from adversity, obstacles, challenges, change, and chaos pushing you off track time and time again.
As you will see, this is my expanded epiphany after discussing the expected chaos, challenges, and obstacles that occurs regularly with me and my millionaire clients, that I learned while in the Marine Corps which is, “Expect to get cut!” when a knife is pulled out. That way you don’t flinch or lose your focus when you do get cut, due to that one second of distraction could very well cause your life to end.
Make Today Great!
PS – Let’s have some fun (for the brave “martial arts masters” who can withstand massive blows to the groin; like the video below); which may be inspirational for those who are recovering from a painful shot to the nuts right now, and possibly healing for you to share how you overcame that devastating blow.
PPS – Our goal as entrepreneurs is to be like Kirby (who took that amazingly powerful kick and heart rate didn’t budge) when challenges come our way, and remain calm, cool, collected, and in control, versus being curled up in a ball crying for mama…or retaliating in a knee jerk, fight or flight, emotionally induced response (which is equally a waste of time, and in many cases exacerbates & expands problems).
When was your most recent, or the most powerful “kick to the balls” you’ve received by life, and how did you pick yourself back up and continue to press on? (comment below)
Make Today Great!
PS – Leave your comments below. I see all and personally reply to most all.
Russell Brunson’s brand new book titled “Expert Secrets” has just been released and marketers around the globe are anxiously awaiting it’s arrival to their doorstep, including me. You see, Russell is giving this in demand book FOR FREE (you just pay a small S&H fee), and you can go get your complimentary copy HERE NOW (while supplies last).
Once you get your FREE COPY of Russell Brunson’s Expert Secrets HERE, you’ll notice that he gives an unadvertised bonus of his presentation from his Funnel Hacking Live Event (that 1,000’s travel to & pay good money to attend) called “How To Create A Mass Movement Of People Who Will Pay For Your Advice.”
Not only did I watch it, but I took some notes on what Russell shared, and I want to give you access to my notes below.
Step 1: Go grab your copy of Russell Brunson’s Expert Secrets for FREE here RIGHT NOW, and when you’re done reserving your complimentary copy you can also watch this powerful presentation.
Step 2: Follow along with my notes below as you watch this profit producing video.
Step 3: Post your comments below of what your biggest take-aways were from this training.
Here are my notes. Enjoy…
Mark Joyner was his 1st mentor back in the day. Talked about Adsense sites/pages, that were the “flash in the pan” thing to do back then. Mark said, “Build an audience that is what will last, not this flash in the pan.” Adsense was making $100k per month then it was gone and many never recovered.
Talks about all his failures. His audience pulled him through all of the downtimes and “failures.”
Mass Movement is the key to have huge success. PEOPLE!
What do most mass movements have? Religious, cult leaders, etc.
3 things in each of them that was there regardless of it was the worst of worst movements or the best of best movements, and everything in between…
Once you recognize the pattern you can replicate it.
- Sometime of charismatic leader
- Cause that was a future based cause
- Everyone of the leaders provided the followers a new opportunity or vehicle of change
A. Charismatic leader / attractive character. 1,000 true fans article from 2008. Read it!
A creator (anyone producing works of art) only needs to acquire 1,000 true fans to make a living. They’ll buy all you produce, drive to come see you, come to openings, can’t wait until your next issue.
I only need 1,000 true fans to become free! That’s the tipping point.
Growth -> Contribution, Student -> Expert.
For me to grow further I must share my message. Open up and share it with other people. It becomes a mission!
“I’m scared of being that person.” And/or “That’s the best thing ever.”
“No matter what you try it will suck, as you keep doing it you’ll suck less, then you’ll be good. Surrender to the fact that you’ll suck!” Garrett White
You won’t be good at 1st. Do it! And you’ll get better. You’ll find your voice. You’ll get more comfortable. You become who you need to be.
Become vulnerable. Let people into your world.
- Live the life your audience wishes they could live. This is the lifestyle this has afforded me. They want to become like me. He/she inspires me. “I want to be like him/her!” Here’s what’s waiting for you if you just take that step.
- Maintain absolute certainty. Self confidence is for kids. If you’re going to be a leader you must have absolute certainty. The one with the most certainty wins!
- You cannot break the cardinal rule and be boring. You must NOT be boring. You must be excited about what you’re talking about. Even if you’re not exciting in real life, don’t be boring on camera and to your audience. You must be excited for anyone else to be.
- Prolific zone/index. Mainstream is in the middle, it’s school, and no one will give you any money for that stuff. Must be to the left or right of that you’re in the crazy zone. You’ll get some people but not a lot. “Eat the sun” documentary. Falls into the crazy zone. Get a few, but it’s crazy. Sweet spot is in the middle, in the Prolific Zone. Not crazy and not school knowledge. Try all sorts of messages over here and over here. Test and keep going, then one will take off.
- You must care A LOT! People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. They feel it!
- Create your own market! Don’t go pick a niche. Go create your very own market. Health, Wealth, and Relationships were the 3 original niches. You must move from Red Ocean to Blue Ocean. (Book) Those 3 broke into many sub-markets. Where do I fit in this ecosystem? What can I create that is unique and becomes my own sub-market? Where can I become Blue ocean and be the only one doing what I do? It’s my thing!
B. Creating the cause. All movements have a future based cause. Something cool will be happening in the future and that’s why you should be falling me? Who are members of the “crossfit cult?” Funny college humor video about crossfit people at an office.
Create your own CULT-ure of people who will listen to us, follow us, and become part of our movement. It’s a cult, I mean way of life. 🙂
- People will put their hope and faith into your movement. Campaign slogans of recent presidential election, and all past ones. George Bush – A Proud Tradition vs Bill Clinton – It’s Time to Change America, John McCain – Country First!, vs Obama – Change!. Winners were in the future. C’mon with me! Hillary – Fighting for us, I’m with her vs Trump – Make America Great Again! Change won most of the time. People want change, a bright future. CF event, “You’re just one funnel away…” Gary Halbert, “You’re just one sales letter away from being rich.” …from firing your boss, from saving your family, from being free, etc. 3 times Russell almost went bankrupt, and each time it was 1 funnel that saved it all. Pretend like you’re the President running for a mass movement. Why should people follow you? What’s your campaign slogan?
- Help your audience break their 4 minute mile. To accomplish the impossible. If he can do it, I can do it. 8/17/04, day Russell’s 4 minute mile was broken. HIs goal was $1,000/month to change his life. Was at a family reunion at Bear Lake with no internet access. Went to library for Internet, waited in line, “We did it!” Email from John Reese. Launched Traffic Secrets and at 18 hours we sold 1000 copies at $1000. Made $1 million in 1 day. It became possible and real for many. 4 minute mile was now possible! As soon as he did it, I thought, “I can do that!” ClickFunnels has over 50 people (almost 100) who have made $1 million or more with 1 funnel. Get the 2 comma club award to put on your wall. Goal is to have your wall lined with the 2 comma club awards. One after another million dollar plus funnel.
- Your audience, tribe, and people must self identify with who they are. Shirts, hats, swag, etc. Bribed people to use the software. Watch this training then you get the t-shirt. Churn dropped in half. Thousands of shirts per week. Gets expensive, but the stick rate makes it worthwhile. “Joined a year ago and have never used it but I still am a part and pay because you shipped me a shirt. I am a Funnel Hacker.” It’s part of their identity now. “I am a Funnel Hacker.” “I build funnels” Get them to self identify with their movement. “Life is Good!” Have t-shirts for your audience.
- The Title of Liberty. The Book of Mormon, Captain went into a war they weren’t supposed to win. His people started leaving. Stood up in front of his people like Braveheart. In memory of our God, lives, freedom, written on his coat. This is why we’re doing this. They came together and won. A manifesto people can rally behind. After watching Fixer Upper, had the idea of I wand a reality show. Russell’s doing it! Jumped in, and filmed 8 episodes. 1st one being released soon. Identify the charismatic leader, identify the movement, US vs THEM, 1. Take a stand, 2. Why you’re different, 3. Who you are collectively fighting against, THEN who YOU are (as the follower). “Fighting against the big brands.” “We are FunnelHackers and these are our stories.”
C. The New Opportunity / The Vehicle of Change. Most sell an improvement offer: better, faster, smarter, etc. Must have to admit I’m dumb, I’m slow, I’m not good. Instead present with a new opportunity. No mass movement leader doesn’t teach people to be better, it is a new opportunity.
- Improvement is HARD! So much pain tied to it.
- Desire versus ambition. 99% of world is NOT ambitious. New Opp plays on desire. Who do you want to become? A whole new life, is the key!
- Memories of poor past decisions and failures. No, here’s a whole NEW opportunity. Just sell the desire and future.
- Commodity pricing (race to the cheapest to compete). Blue ocean of just you, can charge anything you want. There’s a huge strategic advantage of being the most expensive. Presidential campaigns Lost: improve. Won: change, new opps. Reason why they buy or don’t is tied to “STATUS!” If I purchased this thing will it increase or decrease my status? How do I create an offer that is so amazing that they cannot fail & increases their status, with a money back guarantee?
Reasons why people crave new opportunities:
- New discovery.
- No pain of disconnect
- Dream replacement
- Greener pastures
(Just passed 32,000 active CF members, 500/day)
Opportunity switch or opportunity stack.
Switch: Sitting in a vehicle/car. That vehicle/car is no good. We’re going to switch you to this other vehicle/car. Been trying this. Now you’re going to try this.
Stack: the marketing steps from low to high.
Want 1 opportunity switch for your business, then stack (go deep/high). Switch: Expert Secrets. Stack: ClickFunnels, FunnelScripts, Fill Your Funnel, CF Certification
DO NOT keep switching and switching opportunities. If you keep switching from thing to thing people won’t believe you.
Who are you going to become? What’s your message?
What’s your cause? Why should people care? What is my movement? Why should they be inspired to follow you?
What is the new opportunity you’re presenting people? How do I make this unique to me?
My hope is that not only were these notes of mine super helpful for you, and you go implement based upon your Aha moments, but that Russell Brunson’s Expert Secrets shares insights and action steps you take that transform your business and your results.
Make Today Great!
PS – Be sure to go get your FREE BOOK now, and leave your comments below.
RE: How to Achieve Greatness, Mastery and Enduring Fulfillment interview of Robin Sharma by Joe Polish. Personal notes below by Tom Beal.
My morning ritual consists of me walking to the beach every morning which is a 1 hour round trip journey. On that journey I listen to numerous podcasts (at 2x speed) and/or Audible audiobooks (at 3x speed), and have recently begun taking notes on my iPhone while I walk (that must be fun to observe to the drivers by). Can picture several texting, “Look at that idiot walking & texting!” while driving. 🙂
Today I tapped into one of 2 podcasts that I listen to put on by Joe Polish (I Love Marketing & 10XTalk) and found myself stopping on MANY occasions to take notes from the wisdom that Joe’s guest Robin Sharma was sharing. (Joe snuck some good nuggets in, as well.)
Normally, I share my notes with my personal clients only, but today was too good not to share with you here. So below, you will see the video of Joe interviewing Robin and below that will be the notes I took while conducting my morning walk to the beach and back home.
My NOTES while walking: 5am club rituals. Always do: 20/20/20 the person who sweats more in training bleeds less in battle. 1st 20 is intense exercise, 2nd 20 is plan, 20 learning He who learns most wins.
Great student and teacher. Be an instrument of service
So much of an addiction to the shiny toys. None provide sustainable happiness and fulfillment. That all comes from inner power. Do hit best to birth your talents to the world. Do not care or be addicted to what the world thinks of you.
What do I want to stand for? Lead a meaningful & authentic life.
Can either be a victim or a leader. Can lead without a title. Way of thinking and being is being a leader.
Words reveal our beliefs. I can! Possibility. Stop giving away your power.
Leave what’s safe. Get rid of excuses. Own responsibility.
It’s not talent, it’s practice, social circle, inner drive and commitment is what genius & success is. Redundancy.
Trust in your vision even when people call you crazy. Bigger your dream Better the team you’ll need.
Marketplace always pay for mastery. Get your routines and habits right.
Cause driven! Not money driven. Find a cause that touches you deeply.
Be so good they can’t ignore you.
Find your passion.
If you’re around energy vampires it will seep into you.
Be loving and an A player!
Incons are not cut from a different cloth
Goal setting. Vague goals bring vague results. What needs to happen to make this my best year ever? What are 5 daily wins I can have each day?
Periods of in the pocket and blessed. Then recalibration years.
Life has things that work and things that don’t work.
The Greatness Guide. We’re all works in progress. I’m not a guru.
Moment I sold my Ferrari
Most hero’s are frightened little boys and girls.
Love and serve. Not ego and bank account. Focused, fit, keep promises.
Define life on your own terms.
Your income will never exceed your self identity.
Your core beliefs and identity.
You are not your fears. They’re your greatness coming to get you.
Energy is your asset. Fitness, diet.
Social network. People who push you and believe in you.
Enthusiasm covers many deficiencies.
On death bed: 1. Did you leverage your potentials? 2. How many people did you lift up?
You can do so much more than you think you can.
The Titan Summit (every year).
What makes a legend versus a fad? The Titans decline. The moment you think you know everything is the beginning of the end.
Prayer, affirmation, walking in nature.
If attention is off of creativity, service, and lifting people up, you’re off base.
Bravery is a skill! Be confident, be loving.
Bring your A game every day! Lead without a title. Put effort forward. Get your architecture in place. Be all about creating value. Innovation, not complacency. How can I Ben is products out that scare me?
Pain is the result of potential unexpressed.
People are addicted to phones, tv’s.
Had so much focus on love. Then we see icons as cut by a different cloth, and feel broken hearted.
If people aren’t laughing at you you’re playing too small.
Lead the Field. Once I got the person together the world came together.
If you feel small & powerless. Forgive yourself and others.
Eat the right foods, work out, hire a coach to show up at house. Spiritual life. Find your cause.
How do you want to be remembered? I don’t care. Legacy is an ego trap.
Who cares. Leave better than when I found them. Contribute value, while I can.
Trade offs. Profile rises: you’ll bring up the haters. Can pursue your vision or be liked; can’t do both.
Nothing tastes as great as feeling fit feels.
Leader has no title. ***End of NOTES.
We live in a day and age that is quite amazing! With the smart phones in our pockets or hands and ear buds in our ears, we can tap into minds that people pay very large amounts of money to for the wisdom, insights, and information they possess at no charge.
My hope is that my personal notes & the incredible interview video above assisted you in gaining some clarity on how to step more into your own awesomeness, share your talents with this world, and lift many more up along your journey. Your best is yet to come!
Make Today Great!
PS – Feel free to leave your comments or feedback below as a comment, and share this with anyone you know would appreciated it.
If you enjoyed these notes, you may also enjoy my notes from:
*Be sure to enter your name & email for my newsletter via the pop up or bottom of this page to be updated of more amazing notes and insights
Steve Jobs Notes
Marketing is about values
We live in a very complicated, noisy world
We’re not going to get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is.
Needs investments in caring are needed to retain relevance & vitality
Not to talk about why we’re better than others
Dairy tried to convince you milk was good, then Got milk made sales skyrocket
Nike sells shoes (a commodity) yet you feel something different, They never talk about the product. They honor great athletes and honor great athletics.
Who is Your Company? What is it we stand for? What are we about?
At the core. it’s core value: we believe people with passion can change the world for the better.
We believe those crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that actually do.
Get back to that core value.
Values and core values shouldn’t change.
Things I believe in at my core is what I still stand for today.
Honors those who have changed the world. Some living, some are not.
Honor those who think differently and move this world forward.
Tom’s notes start below. Scroll down to see/read the full transcript:
3 stories from my life:
1) Connecting the dots. Dropped out after 3 months, but stayed for 18 months before he actually dropped out. Mother put him up for adoption. Lawyer & wife lined up really wanted a girl, so bailed on him. Biological mother refused to sign final adoption papers when she learned they hadn’t gone to college. Had no idea what he wanted to do and felt guilty for spending the money his parents had saved. Minute he dropped out, he dropped in on the interesting classes. Slept on the floor of friends rooms. Walked 7 miles across town to for a good meal. Reid College had best calligraphy, so he took a class on Serif and Sans Serif, and typography. Mac was 1st computer with all typography. And Windows just copied the Mac.
Could connect the dots looking backwards, can’t connect them looking forwards. Trust in something: your gut, destiny, karma, whatever. Follow your heart knowing it all works out.
2) Love & loss. Started Apple when he was 20. In 10 years was $2 Billion with 4,000 employees. Then he got fired. Visions diverged and the board sided with new leader. Jobs was out. Thought about running away from the valley. Still loved what I did. Was rejected but I was still in love. Rejected but started over. Getting fired was best thing that could’ve happened to me. Freed me to start Next & Pixar. Toy Story & now most successful animation studio in the world. Apple bought Next & that tech is at the heart of Apple now.
Sometimes life will hit you in the face with a brick. Don’t lose faith. Find what you love…for work & lovers. Do what you believe is great work. Find something you love to do. You’ll know when you find it. Keep looking. Don’t settle.
3) Death. At 17: live each day as if it were your last. One day you’ll be right. If today were the last day of my life, would I do what I’m about to do today? If answer is No for several days I know I must change something.
Pride, fear of embarrassment of failure all go away when you remember you are going to die soon. Follow your heart.
Had a tumor on his pancreas. Incurable. Don’t expect to live more than 3-6 months. Go home and get your affairs in order. Prepare to die. Tell your kids the things you want to tell them, button up things, say your goodbyes.
Doctor started crying when he saw the cells. It was a rare case that could be cured by surgery.
No one wants to die. Even those who want to get to heaven don’t want to die to get there. No one has ever escaped it. Best invention of life. Cleans out the old to make way for the new.
You’ll soon be the old being cleared away. Don’t live a life of others. Don’t let opinions drown out your dreams. Follow your heart & intuition.
Whole Earth Catalog. Stewart Brand. Late ’60’s. Typewriters, scissors and polaroid cameras. Final issue in mid ’70’s. Back cover was a photo of an early morning country road: Stay hungry, stay foolish! (farewell message as they signed off)
Stay Hungry! Stay Foolish!
Full transcript of Steve Jobs Stanford speech delivered on June 12, 2005:
I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That’s it. No big deal. Just three stories.
The first story is about connecting the dots.
I dropped out of Reed College after the first 6 months, but then stayed around as a drop-in for another 18 months or so before I really quit. So why did I drop out?
It started before I was born. My biological mother was a young, unwed college graduate student, and she decided to put me up for adoption. She felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, so everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his wife. Except that when I popped out they decided at the last minute that they really wanted a girl. So my parents, who were on a waiting list, got a call in the middle of the night asking: “We have an unexpected baby boy; do you want him?” They said: “Of course.” My biological mother later found out that my mother had never graduated from college and that my father had never graduated from high school. She refused to sign the final adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when my parents promised that I would someday go to college.
And 17 years later I did go to college. But I naively chose a college that was almost as expensive as Stanford, and all of my working-class parents’ savings were being spent on my college tuition. After six months, I couldn’t see the value in it. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and no idea how college was going to help me figure it out. And here I was spending all of the money my parents had saved their entire life. So I decided to drop out and trust that it would all work out OK. It was pretty scary at the time, but looking back it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The minute I dropped out I could stop taking the required classes that didn’t interest me, and begin dropping in on the ones that looked interesting.
It wasn’t all romantic. I didn’t have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends’ rooms, I returned Coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved it. And much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on. Let me give you one example:
Reed College at that time offered perhaps the best calligraphy instruction in the country. Throughout the campus every poster, every label on every drawer, was beautifully hand calligraphed. Because I had dropped out and didn’t have to take the normal classes, I decided to take a calligraphy class to learn how to do this. I learned about serif and sans serif typefaces, about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography great. It was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that science can’t capture, and I found it fascinating.
None of this had even a hope of any practical application in my life. But 10 years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all into the Mac. It was the first computer with beautiful typography. If I had never dropped in on that single course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts. And since Windows just copied the Mac, it’s likely that no personal computer would have them. If I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this calligraphy class, and personal computers might not have the wonderful typography that they do. Of course it was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college. But it was very, very clear looking backward 10 years later.
Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
My second story is about love and loss.
I was lucky — I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started Apple in my parents’ garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4,000 employees. We had just released our finest creation — the Macintosh — a year earlier, and I had just turned 30. And then I got fired. How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out. When we did, our Board of Directors sided with him. So at 30 I was out. And very publicly out. What had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating.
I really didn’t know what to do for a few months. I felt that I had let the previous generation of entrepreneurs down — that I had dropped the baton as it was being passed to me. I met with David Packard and Bob Noyce and tried to apologize for screwing up so badly. I was a very public failure, and I even thought about running away from the valley. But something slowly began to dawn on me — I still loved what I did. The turn of events at Apple had not changed that one bit. I had been rejected, but I was still in love. And so I decided to start over.
I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
During the next five years, I started a company named NeXT, another company named Pixar, and fell in love with an amazing woman who would become my wife. Pixar went on to create the world’s first computer animated feature film, Toy Story, and is now the most successful animation studio in the world. In a remarkable turn of events, Apple bought NeXT, I returned to Apple, and the technology we developed at NeXT is at the heart of Apple’s current renaissance. And Laurene and I have a wonderful family together.
I’m pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple. It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.
My third story is about death.
When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn’t even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor’s code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids everything you thought you’d have the next 10 years to tell them in just a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.
I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy, where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach and into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that when they viewed the cells under a microscope the doctors started crying because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. I had the surgery and I’m fine now.
This was the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope it’s the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
When I was young, there was an amazing publication called The Whole Earth Catalog, which was one of the bibles of my generation. It was created by a fellow named Stewart Brand not far from here in Menlo Park, and he brought it to life with his poetic touch. This was in the late 1960s, before personal computers and desktop publishing, so it was all made with typewriters, scissors and Polaroid cameras. It was sort of like Google in paperback form, 35 years before Google came along: It was idealistic, and overflowing with neat tools and great notions.
Stewart and his team put out several issues of The Whole Earth Catalog, and then when it had run its course, they put out a final issue. It was the mid-1970s, and I was your age. On the back cover of their final issue was a photograph of an early morning country road, the kind you might find yourself hitchhiking on if you were so adventurous. Beneath it were the words: “Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.” It was their farewell message as they signed off. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. And I have always wished that for myself. And now, as you graduate to begin anew, I wish that for you.
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
Thank you all very much.
Notes taken by Tom Beal. Feel free to leave your comments & biggest takeaways below as a comment.
On a recent trip to San Juan (recorded a Podcast about the trip here), I grabbed a random old journal and stumbled across these priceless notes taken while attending a live Abraham Hicks event in Toronto in 2009 that Esther & Jerry Hicks put on and just shy of 2,000 people attended.
Here are my notes for your growth & enjoyment. All I ask is that you share your biggest take away from them as a comment below. Deal? Thank you! Enjoy:
- Vortex of Creation – vibrational reality from rockets of desire. You must be in vibrational alignment to tap into escrow
- Am I a cooperative component? Awareness of reality keeps me away from vibrational escrow
- Steps: 1) Ask (source answers and becomes what I ask for), 2) Source Answers, 3) Release resistance & allow
- I am source energy in physical form. Came to this existence for expansion & joy. Did not intend to look back.
- Vibrations of: 1) Questions & Answers are very different, 2) Problems & Solutions are very different
- My (all of our) purpose here is “Joyous Expansion”
- Must become a vibrational match to my dreams…and must let go of reality to do so
- Everything I can dream, I can & will manifest with focus & vibrational match
- I am a vibrational being. I am source energy in a physical body.
- Emotions are key to being in match with vibrations & who I really am
- Remain faithful to me & my own emotional guidance system
- We are all extensions of source energy
- Fear = thoughts that are not in alignment with who I really am
- Art of Allowing. Future is magnificently laid out for me & us
- Negative emotion = I am not keeping up with who I am and have become
- Line up with solutions we want as much as possible (remain focused on outcomes we desire)
- Can’t stay in the Vortex (vibrational state of being) all the time
- Have hope + belief
- Beat the drum of Step 1: ASK
- Imagine resolutions fulfilled. Believe and know them as done
- Humor releases resistance. Choose laughter over shouting 🙂
- Be so personally selfish to my alignment. Don’t see from others point of view if it is out of alignment with where you want to be
- So KNOW my wellness. Speak ONLY of wellness. Jesus didn’t see their illness, only their wellness.
- Be alright many are out of the Vortex while I’m in it
- Croaking is when we leave this physical experience (not death).
- Non physical is: a) in the Vortex, b) pure positive energy, c) no fear, judgement, worry, pain, and d) all resistance is released
- Life always works out for me. It’s always queued up for me.
- Look always at Vortex
- Your current reality does not mean diddly squat!
- Resistance is the only thing keeping people from wellness
- Allow my own healing (don’t resist)
- No healing takes place outside the Vortex
- What will take you to the Vortex?
- What will lessen resistance for this person?
- Find the language that is right for them. 1 person can’t speak all languages.
- Just resonate true with my methodology & self & know the right people will be attracted to me
- Undivided attention to my well being
- Anytime I am discouraged, afraid, not enough, annoyed…I have more resistance.
- Affirmations – practice my vibration to accept the escrow waiting for me in the Vortex. My vibrational escrow.
- A more prosperous, abundant, ease, flow, opportunity
- Vibrational reality is a vivid reality that exists & is the real present tense
- My current life experiences are past tense in relation to my vibrational reality
- Get in the Vortex, THEN look at the cards (Money & Law of Attraction Cards)
- What is it about this moment that feels so good?
- Focus on the WHY! Lessen resistance to it.
- Don’t focus on $ + Resistance + How. Just the Why! And appreciate it.
- Worry & discomfort means you’re out of the Vortex
- Get in the Vortex then act. Get in the Vortex then speak.
- If it makes you feel better, it’s a good idea. If it enrages her it’s a bad idea.
- Draw a circle on a page: write all the things you want in the circle & things you don’t want outside the circle.
- Write things in the circle like: It’s going to be fun watching the unfolding of all of this. I am good at getting what I want. I so adore my freedom to create because of the fluidity & abundance that runs through my life. I can focus quite well. I have a very nice life. I already attract many great things. I love knowing that abundance is flowing to & through me.
- Write out of the circle things like: I don’t want to be hindered.
- Talk myself out of resistance & into alignment
- Find a way to get into the Vortex before manifestation comes
- Feel prosperous because I’ve procured vibrational frequency of it. Faith!
- Money => who owns the deed to the planet? Who’d you pay for your body? For the air?
- Success = emotion you feel & manifestation of it
- Vibrational alignment with desires I hold is true key to success & life
- Energy, thought, emotion, Vortex
- Every subject is 2 subjects: what I want & what I don’t want
- Don’t talk about money. Talk about: your worthiness, power of thought, everything working out for you, you are blessed, you are abundant
- Neediness keeps you from the Vortex
- There is abundance for you and I see you worthy of it
- You are the creator of your reality
- Look toward solution versus dramatizing problem
- Wouldn’t it be nice if we could find our freedom & abundance?
- Can’t just write a check to solve others problems
- Can’t suffer for or with them. Look at them through Vortex, like Jesus did.
- Be selfish enough to align with ALL I am.
- One connected to source is stronger than 1 million not. Give people my focus from Vortex. They’ll respond in accordance to the high expectations I see in them.
- Resonate. (resonance). Can’t keep doing things that don’t serve you and be served.
- Only think & do things that serve me.
- “Death” experience. Release of resistance.
- Don’t use excuses as reason for my separation times when I’m not in alignment with who I am.
- Live the example of alignment
- Find a way to talk myself into my Vortex. Train myself into my Vortex. “He’s got his head in the stars. A polyanna.”
- It’s good for you to feel good, and screwy when you don’t.
- I came for the joy of catching up with my expansion. I am a pioneer on the leading edge.
- Patience is overrated. When you’re in alignment & in the Vortex patience is not needed. It’s only needed when you’re not in alignment.
- Sharpen my desires from the contrast life has given me.
- Make peace with where you are.
- Fastest way to get where you want to be is to accept where you are.
- “I really want something that isn’t happening.” etc. Vibration is on it NOT happening & it won’t. Let it go! Accept it! Align with your SELF “in the zone.”
- Not everyone will be drawn to your work. Only the people vibrating & resonating with you.
- Let it flow through me.
- Do it for the satisfaction of alignment & trust that the people will be drawn to you
- Be in my Vortex & people ready will be attracted to you
- Learn to allow your alignment even when someone is not “allowing” you. (not being nice, etc)
- My top priority: Be in Alignment with My Self!
- Get to the vibrational root (health, success, etc) and shift your vibration
- Glorious ease of letting go
- I am only getting better & better
- Get so secure in my knowledge of well being that I can’t be pulled from it
- I’m here to expand it; not fix it or correct it (it = the world, gov’t, etc)
- Make peace not war with enemies (drug companies, gov’t, etc)
- Give attention to the solutions. “It’s going to be alright. Wouldn’t it be nice when?”
- Be OK with “That’s just crazy talk.” replies.
- People want things because they feel in having it they will feel better: cars, houses, bf/gf, vacations, clothes, etc
- If you have a desire you can manifest it. This time space reality cannot spark a desire that cannot be manifested.
- I want alignment with all that I am
- Make a To Do List for God/The Universe (delegate to the Almighty)
Which one of these nuggets of wisdom spoke to you the most, today? Share your feedback as a comment below.
Make Today Great!
A few years back I went to the Playboy mansion with my friend many know as the Rich Jerk. He had many celebrities there to include one of my favorite childhood singers Bobby Brown (see pic of me and Bobby below). BUT here’s the deal…RJ can be offensive to some and I get it. HOWEVER, if you can get past the swear words, cockiness, and what some may deem as possibly offensive, you’ll see the RJ I know, as someone who TRULY enjoys helping people change their financial lives.
Knowing him as a close friend for almost 10 years now, and making a ton of money together, I feel his persona is just to push the people away who would be wasting his time. Trust me, he’s the real deal with a HUGE heart, doing a LOT of good behind the scenes and never asking for any press on the good he does (in people’s lives), just to keep his bad boy JERK image up.
Do yourself and your financial future (how to start & grow your business…not investments) a favor, and go plug into the Rich Jerk world. He’d be pissed if I told you that he’s really a kind hearted man who gets his most fulfillment in helping people like you succeed beyond your wildest dreams (JUST like ME).
Pic of me and Bobby Brown at the Playboy mansion several years back at a RJ gathering there…
Make Today Great!
PS – My hope is you can be the next RJ success story. REMEMBER: Do NOT tell him I told you he was actually a NICE guy.
AND: Get past his swearing and JOKE of being a JERK. He’s truly NOT! AND can truly CHANGE your business RESULTS!